|Want to help out the wiki & get involved in esports?
Join the wiki's discord server here!
|Country of Birth||United States|
|Birthday||May 29, 1993 (age 26)|
|Previous Role(s)||SMG Support|
|XBL Gamertag||OpTic Crimsix 6|
|Social Media & Links|
Ian "C6" Porter is a Call of Duty esports player, currently a main AR for Dallas Empire. He is a 2014 and 2017 World Champion, and is the winningest player in Call of Duty history with 33 Major tournament wins. For information on his Halo career, visit his Halo Esports Gamepedia page. He was previously known as Crimsix.
In 2008, Ian started to recognize the better developed players competing at Major League Gaming (MLG) events across the country, and he personally started to play more competitively through GameBattles. With the release of Halo: Reach, he went back into the Halo series and was able to secure a 4th place finish at MLG Columbus. He continued the season with a couple more great placings. In 2012, Halo: Reach was dropped from the Major League Gaming Pro Circuit with the addition of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, so Ian himself decided to once again change games and try out Call of Duty: Black Ops 2. He was immediately successful, winning Machinima Frag Cup IV with compLexity Gaming, and continued the season by placing 4th at MLG Winter Championship 2013, becoming the first ever professional gamer in both Halo and Call of Duty.
Black Ops II
Crimsix, together with compLexity Gaming, dominated the second half of the 2013 Call of Duty: Black Ops II season winning almost every event, both national and international. They took down Impact at the MLG Spring Championship 2013 in dominating fashion.
Two weeks later, they traveled to the UK to take part in Gfinity London 2013. Again, they proved to be too strong for all other teams as they walked away with another 1st place finish.
At the beginning of September, they placed 2nd in the MLG PAX Prime Invitational 2013 after losing to UNiTE Gaming in the Grand Final. They didn't let this faze them though as they won the last four event of Black Ops II, UMG Atlanta 2013, Gfinity 2, MLG Fall Invitational 2013 and ESWC 2013 in clinical fashion.
The team continued their dominance into the new game as they won MLG Fall Championship 2013. After the event, they released Clayster citing team issues. They added Karma to the roster and continued as if nothing had changed. The team placed first at UMG Philadelphia 2014, taking home $20,000.
After going through online qualifiers, compLexity qualified for the Call of Duty Championship 2014: US Regional Final. The team was knocked into the Lower Bracket early by a strong Strictly Business team. They made a Lower Bracket run, making it to the Grand Final, but they again fell short to Strictly Business.
The team entered the Call of Duty Championship 2014 with the #2 seed. They faced VexX Revenge, Team Orbit and AllStars in Group B. They swept the group 3-0, only losing one map in the process. They faced strong EU team TCM-Gaming in Winner's Round 1 and were too strong for them, defeating them 3-0. They moved on to face Xfinity Gaming in Winner's Round 2 and yet again, proved to be too strong for their opponents, defeating them 3-0. In the Winner's Semi-Finals, they faced a FaZe Clan team that looked very strong. Although FaZe managed to take a map from coL, coL overpowered them 3-1. In the Winner's Bracket Final, the faced OpTic Gaming in a match that many predicted for the Grand Final. compLexity managed to pull through 3-2 but made it difficult for themselves after they recovered from a second half, 18 point deficit in Game 4 to take it to a deciding Game 5, which they won 6-0 including a 11-0 game from Crimsix. They advanced to the Grand Final to face Team EnVyUs. compLexity put on a clinical showing as they completely outplayed EnVyUs to defeat them 3-0 and take home the $400,000 first place prize.
Two weeks later, the team traveled to PAX East in Boston to take part in the MLG CoD League Season 1 Playoffs. They got revenge on Strictly Business, beating them in Grand Final to become Season 1 champions. At the beginning of May, Crimsix and the team participated in UGC Niagara 2014. The event was far from smooth for the team as they were knocked into the Loser's Bracket early by an amateur team. They then were nearly knocked out of the event as they went to a Round 11 in Game 5, but Crimsix and the team managed to clutch the game. They went on a massive run through the Loser's Bracket all the way to the final, where they faced Team EnVyUs. Coming from the Lower Bracket, coL needed to win two best of 5 series'. They managed to win the event by beating EnVyUs 6-0 in map count.
Moving into Advanced Warfare it was clear that the most dominant Call of Duty: Ghosts team, Evil Geniuses were going to be splitting up. After winning ESWC 2014, the roster were eventually released from their contracts and rumors began circulating that Crimsix would join OpTic Gaming. ProoFy and Clayster were released and replaced by himself and FormaL. They started the new game well and were ranked 1st going into the MLG Columbus Open 2014 and finished with a 2nd place finish at the event.
Going into 2015, OpTic were looking to improve on their 2nd place finish at MLG Columbus. The first event of the new year was UMG Orlando 2015. The team had a poor showing on the opening day, failing to win a single map. They managed to get things under control and dominated Saturday and Sunday of the event to take home 1st place.
After MLG Columbus, the team participated in Season 1 of the MLG Pro League. They finished the season in 1st place with a record of 38-6. The team had two individual streaks of 12 wins and 17 wins. The LAN playoffs took place in Columbus, OH from February 20–22. With the #1 overall seed, the team played #8 seed Rise Nation on the opening day. The team did not have a repeat of the previous two events, as they defeated 3-0. They moved on to face Aware.NA on Saturday in Winner's Round 2.
- Crimsix was the first person in the world to earn the title: "Major League Gaming Pro Player", in both Halo & Call of Duty.
- Crimsix was one of six players to be a part of the compLexity/Evil Geniuses dynasty; winning a total of 14 events with/during this dynasty.
- Crimsix was one of six players to be a part of the OpTic Gaming dynasty; winning a total of 18 tournaments with/during this dynasty.
- Crimsix is the winningest player in Call of Duty history with 33 Major championship wins.
- Crimsix has been the winningest player in Call of Duty history since May, 2015.
- Crimsix is the only player in Call of Duty who has won 5 back to back ESWC Championships.
- Crimsix won the last major LAN championship in Black Ops 2, Ghosts, Advanced Warfare, and Infinite Warfare.
- Crimsix' gamertag is derived from his old gamertag, Criminal, combined with his number from sports, six.
- Crimsix is tied with Dashy and Seany for the most kills in a single 4v4 Search and Destroy match at a major championship with 20 versus FaZe Clan at MLG Anaheim 2014.
- Crimsix batted fourth when he played baseball and was known as "Porterhouse".
- Crimsix was on the MLG Pro League 2015 Season 1 All CoD League-First Team.
- He changed his in-game ID going into the Call of Duty League 2020 Season from Crimsix to C6.
|Recent Tournament Results (View All)|
Call of Duty League 2020 Week 4 - Los Angeles
Call of Duty League 2020 Week 2 - London
|2020-01-26||9 - 12|
Call of Duty League 2020 Launch Weekend
Team Summertime Movember Invitational 2019
Call of Duty World League Championship 2019
- November 2, ESWC Interview with Epsilon Shane and coL Crimsix with Dexerto on YouTube
- May 10, EG Crimsix Mid-Flight AMA with r/CoDCompetitive on Reddit
- May 16, Reddit AMA - Part 1 with Evil Geniuses on YouTube
- May 19, Reddit AMA - Part 2 with Evil Geniuses on YouTube
- May 20, Reddit AMA - Part 3 with Evil Geniuses on YouTube
- June 27, AMA Video 1/2 with r/CoDCompetitive on YouTube
- June 28, AMA Video 2/2 with r/CoDCompetitive on YouTube
- September 20, Crimsix Hawaiian AMA with r/CoDCompetitive on Reddit
- October 20, EG's Crimsix and TeePee Interview (eSports Report - Oct 20th 2014) with MajorLeagueGaming on YouTube
- October 23, Season 3 Playoffs Bracket Show - Team Overview (eSports Report - Oct 21st 2014) with MLG on YouTube
- November 1, Evil Geniuses' Crimsix talks genuinely about his team and ESWC with Dexerto on YouTube
- November 15, The New OpTic Gaming by Revitalize on YouTube
- November 20, 200k Ask Me Anything! [1/2] with r/CoDCompetitive on YouTube
- November 20, 200k Ask Me Anything! [2/2] with r/CoDCompetitive on YouTube
- December 4, A New Era | OpTic Gaming MLG Columbus (Montage) by Revitalize on YouTube
- January 13, Champions | OpTic Gaming Montage (UMG Orlando) by Revitalize on YouTube
- February 4, The Rise of OpTic Gaming 2 by Revitalize on YouTube
- March 17, The Reign of OpTic Gaming (NA Regional Champions) by Revitalize on YouTube
- May 12, OpTic Scump + Crimsix Gfinity Winning Interview with Dexerto on YouTube
- May 18, OpTic Gaming's Magnificent Month of May by Scott Duwe on Red Bull
- May 30, Complexity - The Decline of the Best Call of Duty Team by Spawn Trapped on YouTube
- June 7, OpTic Gaming Wins Back-to-Back X Games Gold by Scott Duwe on Red Bull
- June 21, Back to Back Gold - X Games 2015 Montage (OpTic Gaming) by Revitalize on YouTube
- August 2, OpTic Crimsix Interview After QF at Gfinity Summer Champs with Dexerto on YouTube
- September 18, OpTic Gaming Wins MLG Worlds for 9th Victory in AW by Scott Duwe on Red Bull
- April 4, Optic Gaming takes North American finals for Call of Duty World League by Dean Takahashi on Venture Beat
- July 2, Karma and Crimsix Suspended from Next CWL Match, Then CWL Schedule Changed by Josh Billy on Dot Esports
- March 9, Living Esports: Ian "Crimsix" Porter with Scuf Gaming on YouTube
- March 18, OpTic Crimsix Interview After Going Undefeated in Pool Play - MLG CWL Dallas Open 2017 with Dexerto on YouTube
- July 20, CWL Global Pro League's "Hot Mic" talk show - Week 4 - Stage 2 - Group Green with Call of Duty World League on YouTube
- August 1, Optic Gaming returns to form at CWL Stage 2 Playoffs by Bengt Lemne on Gamereactor
- December 9, OpTic Crimsix Interview at MLG CWL Dallas Open 2017 with Dexerto on YouTube
- January 13, OpTic Crimsix Interview at CWL NOLA MLG New Orleans 2018 with Dexerto on YouTube
- February 2, Scuf Team of The Week: CWL Pro League | Division A Week 2 by Call of Duty World League on YouTube
- February 14, Crimsix Surprise AMA with r/OpTicGaming on Reddit
- February 19, MLG Hot Mic with Crimsix, Kenny, Rated & TJ HaLy | CWL Pro League with Call of Duty World League on YouTube
- February 21, Crimsix: “COD Esports is lacking that ‘official’ feel that other top tier Esports have” with myst on Real Sport
- April 9, SCUF Team of the Week | CWL Stage 1 Playoffs by Call of Duty World League on YouTube
- May 30, 5 years ago today, the compLexity dynasty was born at MLG Anaheim 2013 by Justin Binkowski on Dot Esports
- September 28, [META] AMA - OpTic Crimsix's NEW COD Roster announcement ask me anything! with r/OpTicGaming on Reddit
- March 4, Midnight CEO responds to OpTic Crimsix's claims of not paying CWL Pro League players by Bill Cooney on Dexerto
- March 11, Karma vs. Crimsix: Who's the CoD GOAT? by Dexerto on YouTube
- May 7, Crimsix fires back at fans claiming he cost OpTic Gaming CWL London glory by Matt Porter on Dexerto
- May 13, OpTic's Crimsix savagely roasts Midnight's Blazt for his placements at CoD events by Albert Petrosyan on Dexerto
- May 23, TOP 10 Crimsix Moments Before Black Ops 4 by Dexerto on YouTube
- May 23, SCUF Team of the Week | Pro League Week 8 by Call of Duty World League on YouTube
- June 10, The MOST RUTHLESS Team in History - Complexity Documentary by Dexerto on YouTube
- June 11, The BEST Call of Duty Team of All Time - OpTic Gaming Documentary by Dexerto on YouTube
- July 24, Meet the 9 players that have attended every single Call of Duty World Championship by Joe Craven on Dexerto
- August 15, Optic Crimsix Career Montage (BO2 - BO4) | Crimsix's Career Highlights by AimazingXP on YouTube
- August 19, Top 10 Call of Duty players of all time following last ever CoD Champs by Calum Patterson on Dexerto
- August 19, The 22 players to have won a Call of Duty World Championship by Joe Craven on Dexerto
- August 20, The top 10 highest-earning players in Call of Duty history by Preston Byers on Dot Esports
- September 25, TOP 10 Most Watched Twitch Clips from the Black Ops 4 SEAson by Dexerto on YouTube
- September 28, TST Invitational Interview with Karma and Crimsix with Esports Stadium on Twitch
- September 30, ex-CoL reverse swept in Hitch’s Black Ops 2 tournament - results by Connor Bennett on Dexerto
- October 16, TOP 10 OpTic Gaming Black Ops 4 moments by Dexerto on YouTube
- October 18, It's Time to Build an Empire | DALLAS x CALL OF DUTY by Call of Duty Dallas on YouTube
- October 18, Crimsix joins Dallas’ Call of Duty League roster by Justin Binkowski on Dot Esports
- October 18, Dallas Call of Duty signs Ian "Crimsix" Porter by Logan Threlkeld on Team Envy
- October 18, Transcript from Crimsix's AMA with H4X with u/AngryPenguin501 on r/CoDCompetitive
- October 20, Ian 'Crimsix' Porter | Top 10 Plays on Optic Gaming by DraftBuff on YouTube
- October 23, Crimsix: Build an Empire by Ian Porter on Call of Duty League
- October 29, Announcing the first contender in the #SaveOurSoldiers Charity Invitational by Chris Puckett on Twitter
- November 1, Stars align for the Dallas Empire | The Esports Dispatch by LandO on YouTube
- November 5, Scump reveals hilarious reason why Crimsix’s name is banned in his chat by Matt Porter on Dexerto
- November 20, ACHES and Crimsix debate toxic fanbases in Call of Duty by Calum Patterson on Dexerto
- December 9, CoD pros react to not being invited to $250K Modern Warfare tournament by Albert Petrosyan on Dexerto
- December 20, Crimsix and Shotzzy win $25K Code Red Gunfight tourney: final placements by Albert Petrosyan on Dexerto
- January 8, TCR Interviews: Clayster & Crimsix of the Dallas Empire by The Center Ring on YouTube
- January 21, Is the best Call of Duty player in the world living in Dallas? by Sean Collins on The Dallas Morning News
- January 21, [Call of Duty League/2020 Season/Launch Weekend Censor calls out Crimsix for saying he "sucks" and vows to win again] by Calum Patterson on Dexerto
- January 21, Meet the 2020 Dallas Empire: Veterans, newcomers build initial roster of touted Call of Duty League team by Sean Collins on The Dallas Morning News
- January 22, The Beginning - Call of Duty League 2020 by Dallas Empire on YouTube
- January 24, Scump roasts Crimsix after Huntsmen dominate Empire at CDL Launch Weekend by Albert Petrosyan on Dexerto
- January 25, Gaming with Sasquatch by Dallas Empire on YouTube
- January 25, Dallas Empire: Team Profile presented by PS4 by Call of Duty League on YouTube
- January 26, Dallas Empire Press Conference, post Atlanta Faze Match 1/25/2020 with ESPN Esports on YouTube
- January 26, Old OpTic vs. New OpTic by Call of Duty League on YouTube
- February 1, Crimsix breaks down Call of Duty: Modern Warfare’s SMG-dominated competitive meta by Jalen Lopez on Dot Esports
- February 7, The team landed in London and stopped by for some local cuisine. by Dallas Empire on Twitter
- February 8, Hear from @crimsix of @DallasEmpire after their 3-0 win against @SeattleSurge with GGIntel on Twitter
- February 8, Crimsix gives his "crazy theory" on how the Call of Duty league should handle the third game mode with ESPN Esports on YouTube
- February 8, Crimsix on Chicago Huntsmen: “I think they’re not as good as Atlanta, but they’re probably the second best team” with George Geddes on Dot Esports
- February 11, Top 5 Plays Presented by PS4 | London Home Series by Call of Duty League on YouTube
- February 17, Crimsix claims Chicago Huntsmen broke CDL gentlemen's agreement by Andy Williams on Dexerto
- March 6, Silencing the Ravens | Dallas Empire by Dallas Empire on YouTube
- March 6, Silencing the Ravens | Dallas Empire with Dallas Empire on YouTube
- March 8, "JKap, I'm Coming For You" with Call of Duty League on YouTube
- March 8, "Right now we're clicking" Crimsix on Dallas Empire's improvements as a team with Emily Rand on YouTube
- March 21, Crimsix: A Legend Marches On by Call of Duty League on YouTube
- April 1, Dallas Empire’s Clayster, Crimsix won big in Warzone tournament, share thoughts on wildly popular battle royale by Sean Collins on The Dallas Morning News
The following pages redirect here.
- compLexity Welcomes Call of Duty web.archive.org
- compLexity picks up ex-Quantic.Leverage Team fraggednation.com
- We're transferring our player contracts to OpTic and passing the buyout compensation along to the players. reddit.com
- compLexity Sells COD Squad to Evil Geniuses complexitygaming.com
- OpTic Gaming's Tweet twitter.com
- OpTic Gaming's Tweet twitter.com
- Dallas Call of Duty signs Ian "Crimsix" Porter envy.gg
- Crimsix's Tweet twitter.com