|Want to help out the wiki & get involved in esports?
Join the wiki's discord server here!
Methodz (Anthony Zinni)
|Country of Birth||United States|
|Birthday||August 15, 1997 (age 22)|
|Social Media & Links|
Methodz began his Call of Duty career on Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare for the PlayStation 3 at the early age of only 11. He didn't get into the competitive scene until Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 when he saw a tournament's live stream on the GameBattles front page, featuring notable pro players such as ASSASS1N and Moho. Once he got into the competitive scene, he never looked back and became one of the youngest pro players to date at the age of 16. Methodz has been on top teams such as SoaR Gaming, FaZe Clan, Team Curse, Team Kaliber, and Strictly Business.
Modern Warfare 3
Methodz made his LAN debut during the MW3 season, appearing at NJ Halo Codzilla 2012 on vD with Scump, NaDeSHoT and Blfire and the squad would go on to win the event beating Collapse in the grand final. Methodz would attend one more LAN event this season, finishing 3rd at UMG Fort Lee, playing for Nova Nation.
Black Ops 2
Methodz began the year by joining SoaR Gaming alongside Fluff, FunK and Mosh and they would go on to place 5/6th at their debut event, UMG Chicago 2012. SoaR would place 13/16th at the MLG Winter Championship 2013/Online Qualifier securing a spot at the Winter Championship where the squad placed 7/8th. Methodz then managed a disappointing 9/12th placing at the Call of Duty Championship 2013, losing to Italian squad inFerno eSports in the losers bracket.
Methodz would then join FaZe Clan and place 5/6th at the Spring Championship before returning to SoaR for the remainder of the season. Playing with various different team mates, Methodz would continue to have consistent placements with the highlight being a 2nd place at UMG Dallas alongside Heist, StaiNViLLe and Saints.
Methodz would begin the season on the same SoaR Gaming roster that finished the previous year, however after a 13/16th finish at the MLG Fall Championship he would join FaZe Clan. In his only LAN appearance for FaZe, he would place 7/8th at UMG Philadelphia.
After that result Methodz appeared on various teams for the remainder of the season, including Curse Youth, Team Kaliber and Strictly Business with no standout results outside of a few victories on the online 2K's.
Methodz took a break from competing for the majority of the Advanced Warfare season with his only LAN appearance coming at UMG Orlando 2015 on SYNRGY Gaming, alongside FeLo, TcM and MBoZe, where he managed an impressive 5/6th finish, losing 0-3 to Team JusTus.
Black Ops 3
Methodz returned to competing at the beginning of the Black Ops 3 season, playing for Counter Logic Gaming with Blfire, FeLo and CMPLX. They managed to qualify for Stage 1 of the CWL via the Online Qualifying Tournament. During the regular season the squad would finish in a disappointing 12th place, bottom of the league, and at Stage 1 Relegation, the squad would lose 1-4 to Cloud9, meaning they didn't make Stage 2 of the CWL.
Methodz would have underwhelming results for the rest of the year placing 21/24th at both MLG Anaheim and MLG Orlando. He would join up with Blfire, TcM and TwiZz for the Call of Duty Championship Qualifier. They would go on to beat the likes of VexX Gaming and SetToDestroyX to qualify for Champs. However after qualifying for the final event of the year they would be drawn in a tough group including FaZe Clan and Elevate where they could only manage a 3rd place finish and a 17/24th placing overall.
Methodz was picked up by Echo Fox at the start of the IW season and remain on the team for the whole year, although he would have many different team mates in that time. He placed a respectable 13/16th at the 2017 CWL Las Vegas Open, however this would prove to be his highest LAN placing for the rest of the season.
The poor finishes and therefore lack of pro points meant that Methodz' squads failed to make either stage of the prestigious CWL Global Pro League. At the NA Last Chance Qualifier, his squad took down Fallen Godz and HavoK eSports to qualify for the 2017 CWL Championship. Unfortunately, Echo Fox suffered losses to OpTic Gaming and Epsilon eSports meaning they placed 3rd in their pool and 17/24th overall.
World War II
Methodz teamed up with Nagafen at the beginning of the World War II season and although the duo stuck together they struggled to find a consistent roster and had inconsistent performances in the online 2K's, before they were picked up by Censor's Next Threat team. They couldn't accummalate enough pro points to qualify for pool play so were forced to play through through the open bracket at the 2018 CWL Dallas Open. In the open bracket, they upset top seeds Lightning Pandas on the way to qualifying for pool play, where they were placed into a tough group in which they placed 4th. In the losers bracket they suffered a game 5 loss to Team Envy and were eliminated in a 13/16th position. Despite the placing many players and analysts were very impressed by the performances of Methodz in his role as an AR Slayer. Next up was the 2018 CWL Northern Arena Showdown, where Next Threat secured a shock 4th place finish and once again Methodz received widespread praise, especially for his performances in the respawn game modes.
His performances throughout the year had been so impressive that he had a whole host of teams trying to sign him including Echo Fox, Ground Zero and Enigma6 Group although he chose to join Rise Nation, alongside Loony, TJHaLy and Gunless, creating a roster that many analysts and fans believed was capable of challenging for titles. In their first LAN event together, the 2018 CWL New Orleans Open, they achieved an impressive 3rd place finish after an impressive losers bracket run where they beat the likes of Splyce. Once again Methodz was crucial to his team's strong performances in the respawn game modes with his ability to take over maps with an Assault Rifle.
- Methodz was the MVP of the 2018 CWL Atlanta Open
- Methodz was one of the youngest pro players of all time at the age of only 16.
- Methodz got his alias from a player back in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. He saw the tag "o-MeTHoDz-x" and liked it so much, he decided to copy it.
|Recent Tournament Results (View All)|
|2020-02-23||7 - 8|
Call of Duty League 2020 Week 3 - Atlanta
|2020-02-09||7 - 8|
Call of Duty League 2020 Week 2 - London
|2019-08-18||17 - 24||$ 15,000|
Call of Duty World League Championship 2019
|2019-07-19||3 - 4|
CWL Pro League 2019 Playoffs Play-In
|2019-07-05||15 - 16||$ 59,375|
CWL Pro League 2019
- January 23, Methodz Interview Part 2 - Esports Report with MajorLeagueGaming on YouTube
- January 23, Methodz Interview Part 1 - Esports Report with MajorLeagueGaming on YouTube
- April 15, eSports Report - Interview with Stainville and Methodz Part 2 - April 15, 2014 with MajorLeagueGaming on YouTube
- April 15, eSports Report - Interview with Stainville and Methodz Part 1 - April 15, 2014 with MajorLeagueGaming on YouTube
- July 21, Methodz AMA - Ask away! with r/CoDCompetitive on Reddit
- January 14, Methodz Interview at CWL NOLA MLG New Orleans 2018 with Dexerto on YouTube
- January 26, Scuf Team of The Week - CWL Pro League - Week 1 - Division A by Call of Duty World League on YouTube
- May 6, Octane and Methodz replace FormaL and Karma on OpTic Gaming’s Call of Duty roster by Justin Binkowski on Dot Esports
- May 7, Rostermania Reactions w/ Methodz & CouRage with OpTic CouRage on YouTube
- July 20, Gunless, Alexx, Arcitys & Methodz | SCUF Team of the Week by Call of Duty World League on YouTube
- January 31, Methodz replaces Spoof on UYU's starting lineup | The Esports Dispatch by LandO on UMG Gaming
- March 25, Hot Mic with Methodz, Zer0, and Xotic | Pro League Week 5 with Call of Duty World League on YouTube
- October 23, It’s time to build an empire by Methodz on Twitter
- October 24, Toronto CoD franchise reveals ‘Toronto Ultra’ branding, roster, squirrel mascot by Preston Byers on Dot Esports
- October 24, Meet your fam | Toronto Ultra ROSTER by Toronto Ultra on YouTube
- October 28, We asked @TorontoUltra the ultimate question...Modern Warfare or Black Ops? with theScore Esports on Twitter
- October 30, Toronto Ultra has got pressure on their shoulders | The Esports Dispatch by LandO on YouTube
- October 31, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Tips from Call of Duty League Pros by James Mattone on Call of Duty League
- December 13, How to watch the Call of Duty Mobile Creator Challenge by Wasif Ahmed on Dot Esports
- January 1, What's your New Year's resolution? See what some of our pro players are aiming for in 2020. with Call of Duty League on Twitter
- January 17, The Road to Minnesota: Players and Coaches Dish on the Competition by Katie Bedford on Call of Duty League
- January 21, How Well Does the Toronto Ultra Know Canada? by SQUAD on YouTube
- January 22, History will be written #SooUltra by Toronto Ultra on Twitter
- January 25, Methodz on joining Toronto Ultra, why they have five subs, and their "North" rivalry with ROKKR with Dexerto on YouTube
- February 4, Pros reveal the BEST CoD Modern Warfare player ft. Scump, FormaL, Attach by Dexerto on YouTube
- February 8, Listen to our exclusive interview with @Methodz from @TorontoUltra following their loss to the @RoyalRavens with GGIntel on Twitter
- February 23, "We were expecting a lot more oomph from them" Methodz on taking Huntsmen to Game 5 with Arda Ocal on YouTube
The following pages redirect here.